What Makes Brown Paper Bags Useful
Well, do not discard right away, your brown paper bags the moment you have unloaded your groceries from them, as they still have more functions to serve. You can also avail of paper bags in bulk, and not just only one type of paper bag, but several others you can choose from in places such as www.bigbrowncarrierbag.co.uk. Listed below are some of the ways brown paper bags can be useful for.
- You can use brown paper bags to enable the ripening of fruits like avocados, apples, peaches and tomatoes. The paper enables the fruit you place in it to keep the natural gases that would stimulate ripening; as opposed to refrigerating the fruit where it ceases the ripening process of the fruit. You can also use a brown paper bag to store your mushrooms so that they are kept fresh.
- If you intend to store onions for a long period of time like several months without it forming sprouts, take them from the sack and place in a brown paper bag and then stock away inside the refrigerator’s bottom compartment.
- After using your dust mop, place a brown paper bag around its head and then be rid of the dust and dirt collected from it by shaking it off.
- You can drain the oils from foods you have fried into a brown paper bag. You can also use it to place recently baked goods such as cookies in order to cool it.
- You can tear or cut a brown paper bag into strips and encase it on the steering wheel of your car so that this will keep it cooled, and you are able to grasp it with your hands while you are driving in extremely hot weather.
- If you got those wax droppings on your carpet and or table cloth, this can be remedied by putting a brown paper bag over the affected area and running along a warmed iron over it. When you do this, you will notice the wax transferring to the brown paper bag. Repeat this procedure until no wax is visually appreciated.
- Fun and engaging things can even be done with brown paper bags. Your kids can play with them in various ways including making face masks out of them, with just cutting holes for the eyes and drawing on the face side of the brown paper bag. They can also fill it up with crumpled newspaper and then seal it closed and pile them up to create like a barricade or like the blocks to towers and other.
- Brown paper bags can be used in place of pressing cloths by dampening it.
- When you leave your car out under pending snow, you can place over the windshield a brown paper bag so that you would not have to scrape off ice or snow from it after a while or the next day.
- You can use it to cover around the insides of the trash bin so that waste and scraps can easily be disposed of.